Thursday, June 12, 2008

Panic and Anxiety

Well, my panic and anxiety has hit an all new high, or is it low? Either way, you get the drift.

I've had GAD (general anxiety disorder) for about 7 years, and I've had runs of good times and runs of very bad times. Right now, I'm at an all new low. I'm having panic attacks pretty much every night, and am feeling some anxiety during some days. I know what my triggers are but they're unavoidable, so I'm trying to deal.

I took today off work and went to the doctor and told him my Lexapro wasn't doing shit and is now weaning me off of that and putting me on Effexor XR and Xanax XR. I've previously had a prescription for Xanax, but that is only to "get me off the ledge" during a bad attack. On the scale of seriousness my recent attacks have been about a 4/10 with some at a 8/10. It's been a nightly thing for almost 2 months and for the first time ever its affecting my job and personal life.

I had to cancel a business trip to Atlanta that I was looking forward to because my anxiety is much worse away from home. Also, we have a vacation planned for two weeks from now and I need to get it under control so I can travel for that. I know, how stupid is it that I'm stressing over vacation, but that's the case. Is anyone else battling anxiety right now? I know in the past there's been a few.

No comments: