Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ping Golf Balls

I'm getting ready to golf again on Saturday and decided to try and find a sleeve of my favorite balls from when I was a kid. I remember golfing all day during the week at Spring Creek in Spring Valley, IL and using some of my hard earned money to buy the cool 2 color Ping golf balls. At one time I'm sure that every ball in my bag was a 2 color Ping, man was I COOL! Anyway, it turns out Ping got out of the golf ball industry in 1997 and now the balls go for big money on Ebay. I'll still try and get lucky and find some cheap, but I doubt I'll have much luck. If you're either like me and loved these balls or have no idea what I'm talking about check out this great FAQ here.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Tips-for-Collecting-Two-Colored-Ping-Eye-Golf-Balls_W0QQugidZ10000000000763235

Also, check out this site : http://www.pingballs.com/ Click on Colors and Values on the left. Those prices are PER BALL people! I know for a fact that I had a Jordan ball and the 8 ball. Who would've thunk in 1990 that I would have a few golf balls, that if kept would be worth more than all my clubs combined and probably have paid for my golf membership for those 3 years I played all that golf.

Another golf memory that just came to me was the Wilson Firestick. It was one of the first jumbo headed drivers and was still actually made from wood. I remember buying it from Jimmy Thompson, the Junior Pro at Edgewood for the whopping price of $100. Man, I was a stud back then. Had the headcover to match.

Ok, enough of a trip down amnesia lane.

2 comments:

Golf said...

Every golfer knows better the important role of golf balls in their game playing skills of the golfer in his game to maintain any value unless it has the right golf ball with him. This question is clear for all golfers and everyone knows that reality. That's why we now see golf balls golf the most primary element among golfers.

Tagungshotel Chiemsee said...

Installation location is also important if you want to hit a golf ball straight. Keep all panels and parallel to the target. Feet, hips and shoulders should all be parallel to the goal. When the driver, place the ball in front of the neck of the left foot and leg can not stand too close or too far away from the ball - only the club should be grounded and not tilting forward or backward.