Thursday, February 14, 2008

Coming soon to a town near you...

This will be a good test to see if Adam or Carrie reads this blog regularly. Kris, Lia and I will be in PC this weekend. We'd love to hook up, have a dinner, drink some of that beer, etc. Call me to figure out details.

***Consumer Report***
Diet Dr. Pepper Chocolate Cherry or whatever the f it's called is horrible. It tastes all "chemically" and rancid. I do not recommend it but regular Diet Dr. Pepper is amazing.

Scratched Cornea
Well, I scratched my cornea somehow late Friday night or Saturday morning. I had some discomfort in it Saturday morning and it got progressively worse on our trip to St. Louis to see a movie. It started watering constantly and light started to bother it. We went to see National Treasure 2 (excellent movie BTW) and I had to pop it out in the theater and hold it. I figured I just had something in my eye and flushed my eye out and cleaned my contact in the bathroom at the movies. I tried to put the contact back in and the pain was horrible and my eye filled with water. I was just going to deal with it but realized that we were near my eye doctor on Olive. We stopped in and got lucky, they were still open. They referred us to another location about 15min away, they saw me and discovered I had a 2mm x 3mm scratch right in the center of my eye. I had to wear a special contact (no prescription) for 2 days then had a follow up on Monday and Tuesday. I put my contact back in full time yesterday and was glad the headaches started to recede. Also, I'm a bad enough driver with 2 contacts let alone with only 1 and very poor depth perception. I think I almost got into a few accidents.

Oh yeah, I got a HD DVD player last Friday for the Xbox. I'm now dual formatted so there are no movies I can't get, which is excellent. I've already bought Bourne Ultimatum and Big Lebowski and I have 40 yr old virgin, Knocked Up and I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry on order. Also added BeerFest to the Blu Ray collection as it was on sale for only $14.

I'm jonesing to get the home theater installed in the basement but we have to get that stupid floor done first and the water problem taken care of outside before that. It will be a busy spring for sure, but I will appreciate the $1200 that President Bush is giving us! w00t!

TTYL

1 comment:

Adam M. Smith said...

You guys always pick the right weekends to make the northern pilgrimage. I work midnights (6PM-6AM) on Sat & Sun night this weekend.