Thursday, February 7, 2008

Coupla complaints

1. The voting process in Jerseyville was lame. I don't like having to declare my party and thus vote down party lines. My biggest bitch though is about the process itself. I mean come on, having to darken circles with a pen and then feed it into a machine? How 1988 is that? In Columbus it's all electronic and you're in and out and neatness doesn't count. Guess that's what I get for living in a poorer county.

2. Last night in a strip mall I watched a jackass park his big stupid yellow hummer in a handicapped spot. Now he did have the placard and the license plate but what handicapped person drives the large model H2? Not too mention that he looked pretty mobile when he hopped out and started having a conversation with another guy in the parking lot. What an ass for owning a big stupid hummer like that and then to have the nerve to park in handicapped spots. I hate the amount of handicapped spots as much as the next guy (I mean really, are 25 disabled persons all going to go to Walmart at the same time?) but people like this piss me off.

3. If this describes you I'm sorry. I can't tell you how many times I'll be pulling into a gas station to get a soda or something and some jerky will be walking from his car at the pump to the building with no heed for other vehicles. I mean, you morons realize that they're not some protective tunnel between your pump and the building right? One of these days one of these morons will end up as my hood ornament and I won't have much sympathy for them. Watch where the hell you're going and keep your head up.

4. If you're going into a building, say your workplace, and there is a locked door that is normally unlocked and you open the door, LEAVE THE DAMN DOOR UNLOCKED. Now, many of you are probably thinking that this is a security issue and in many cases it would be, but not in my scenario. We have a secured back parking lot and a locked back door. Typically the first one in unlocks the back door with their key. Now you have to put your key in, turn it just to get the door open then turn this little thing on the knob so it stays unlocked. Most people here do that with no problems but there are some, nay a few, that will open the door with their key and not unlock it. I know this because they're parked in the back so when I go up to the door with my hands full and see other cars in the lot I expect it to be unlocked. Not always so. How hard is this?

5. This one is easy. If you're going to send someone a business email please make sure that the signature includes your contact information. I got an email today from a guy who asked for a callback but his signature was this...

-Thanks
Rob

What good does that do and does that really put your best foot forward when representing your business? And this wasn't some lackey, this was someone who should know better. If you want someone to fax you something make sure they have your fax number, same with phone number, etc. Don't make people go looking for stuff that you should be providing. What I do, and I think it works well, is I use my full email signature on New messages and a shortened version with no images and not as much information on Replies and Forwards.

Bottom line...use common sense.

Ok, that's enough for now.

1 comment:

Adam M. Smith said...

Boy, you are one unhappy prick, aren't you?

Leave the door unlocked! Don't dare sign just your name at the bottom of an email! Quit whining you bunch of undercompensated quill pushers! My balls itch! Wah.

I get the feeling all this angst stems back to a couple of certain college football games involving a certain unnamed, overrated program that didn't go so well. But that's just a guess.

Jesus...it takes a Hardees biscuit just to get a happy comment out of you.

Scratch your balls and smile, pal.