Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ad Nauseum

Ok, ok, I know I've been away for awhile. My apologies. So, let me back up a bit and we'll start there.

- Returned the Denon received and bought a new Pioneer. I'm really stoked with the Pioneer and while I fought with the Denon for hours and couldn't get it setup right I was listening to surround sound audio with the Pioneer within 15 minutes! I got this one on sale and am very pleased.

Incidentally, I'm so pleased with the sound that we are now shopping for an upgraded speaker set and have all but settled on a set of Definitive Technology ProCinema 60's. These are a very high end brand but the cost is less than a shelf system from Klipsch or Bose. For the money you can't beat them.

- Took a business trip to Kansas City. This seems like a really fun town, but gets a bit too dark in some areas if you know what I mean. ;) Not the type of place you want to be walking around alone at night. Had a good time, some good food at this Italian place called Lidias (you have to check out pics of the inside, it is sweet). Also, and don't be too jealous Adam, but we hit O'Dowds Irish Pub, which is the top rated Irish bar in the entire country. Now, I'm not sure what criteria they judge on, but I'd take John D. McGurks in St. Louis or Byrne's Pub in Columbus over this place any day. They pint of Guinness was excellent, but other than that the place was pretty standard. the furnishings do seem very authentic, but then again so are Fado's and it doesn't make it a great place. They had a decent cover band, but the they played way too much DMB and John Mayer for my liking. Their Bob Marley was good for a bunch of white guys.

- Had some major snowstorms and I have to say that the Jeep performed like a stud. Nothing slowed my boy down and I just kept right on trucking past much bigger 4x4's in the ditch and fishtailing. Well worth the $$.

- Saw some great movies. Namely: Juno, Death Sentence, Saw IV, Waiting, King of California and Chalk. I highly recommend each of these, and if you want more details let me know and I'll review it more in depth. BTW, Saw IV is not for the faint-hearted and don't see Death Sentence unless you can handle depression fairly well. On an unrelated note, if you haven't yet seen Reign Over Me I highly recommend it. It's stupendous and should be required viewing for all.

- Super Bown XLII - What can I saw, what a great game. I was kind of rooting for both teams, because on one hand I'd like to witness history, but on the other hand I think it's cools that Eli got a ring right after Peyton. I wish there was more scoring but we had a great time watching the game at Brian and Ashley's. Good food, good laughs, etc.

- The Flu - Kris and I had a horrible bout with the flu. I felt like crap from last Monday night to today. I'm still not completely over it. Let me give you a few highlights....102.6 temp, severe chills, horrible cough, nausea, constant headache, body ache, ass ache, etc. Kris was feeling better by Thursday but I missed a few hours of work on Thursday and still felt bad on Friday. This bout of the Flu was the worst I've felt in years.

- Cubby - Cubby is continuing to do very well outside of his crate. He hasn't been crated in almost a month and has had only a few minor issues (he did eat an extension cord, but he could've done that anytime.) He's a much happier boy and is so CALM it's not even funny.

- Book review - Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. I highly recommend these books as they are full of knowledge and are a great read on the crapper or off. http://www.bathroomreader.com/

I have more to share, so look for it in the upcoming weeks.

No comments: