Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gimme an O...Gimme a B...

Gimme an AMA! That's right, Obama is emerging as the Democratic candidate pretty soundly. I think it would be a great change, however I would love to see Hillary in some sort of office as well, possibly a VP?

Sorry I didn't write last night, I completely forgot about it. We went to Brashley's about 2pm for a late holiday party with Ashley's family. It was a good time. Couple of funny things...got to watch Ash's dad dig up their yard to find $1.37 with a metal detector, learned how pocket knives can be an accessory and mistook a cheese dip for chili. Watching the metal detector at work was cool, I had never seen one used before. It's another of those toys that I'd like to own but would never spend the money on.

The food was excellent and since I skipped bfast I was famished. Well, I gave in an binged. They had honeybaked ham, chips and dip, chili, lil smokies and potatoes to name a few of the delicious dished. Honeybaked Ham has to be one of my top 5 weaknesses, I love that stuff. Anyway, after the relatives left we played some Rock Band and watched some football. Brian is off the hook with vocals and rocked out on the drums as well. The highlight of the night was watching B sing Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld. Hilarious.

Today was a lazy day, just laid around in the morning, watched both football games and then American Gladiators. I have to say that the new AG is awesome. I like Hulk as an announcer and loved the events, especially the ones they brought back from the old show.

Weighed myself today and held by breath...down 6lbs! Wow, I expected quite the opposite. On that success I ate good all day and cleaned out the fridge before going shopping. I hit wally world and picked up some turkey breast, fish filets, lean ground beef and boneless chicken breasts. Grabbed some protein shakes, spinach, skim milk and FF cheese to finish the meals off. I think I now have plenty of healthy food for next week.

The weather here was crazy! 70 degrees on January 6th. That's insane. Thank you Al Gore for opening our eyes.

One last thing. We've started letting Cubby be out at night while we sleep and he's loving it. He's like a whole new dog. Super quiet, relaxed, behaving better, etc. I think he gets so wound up in the crate that he lets it all loose when we let him out. He still gets crated when we're at work, but who knows, maybe we'll work up to him being out all the time. Also, the new food may be working, he hasn't been nearly as stinky this weekend as normal.

Night for now.
J

No comments: