Monday, January 7, 2008

Halftime

I'm pissed. The Buckeyes are doing it again. They came out looking great and have fizzled. 24 unanswered points? Ridiculous. I'm not going to dwell on it, but I'm not pleased.

We are slated to get some very severe weather here tonight, there's all types of rotating storms headed our way. I don't get very concerned about this, but I can guarantee that Kris will make us head to the basement at least one.

Speaking of Kris...last night was not good. I was awoken at about 3am by Kris, not exactly sure how, but she was shivering, shaking and just overall looking like crap. Well, I did what any normal guy would do...I went back to sleep. Just kidding. I got up, moved her to the couch, got her wrapped in blankets, got her water, a wet washcloth, a tray table and I also cleaned out the trash basket and set it by her. I couldn't get to sleep so we watched Seinfeld. At about 4am she starts heaving...and I mean really heaving. Next thing I know there's violent vomit shooting into the trash can. At this point I'm very glad I had some foresight or I'd of been cleaning for awhile. She puked at least 5 or 6 times. I felt very bad for her, but there was nothing I could do. It was either the flu or bad Taco Bell. My biggest problem was that the smell of regurgitated Taco Bell was getting to me. I got her cleaned up and we fell asleep. About 6am, more vomiting. I went to Caseys and got her some Diet 7up and crackers and got a few hours of sleep. I ended up getting to work about 9:15am and Kris stayed home of course. Poor girl.

I had a very healthy day today. Breakfast was turkey sausage and a protein shake. Lunch was a South Beach meal and a sugar free pudding cup. Dinner was a spinach salad with chipotle turkey strips on top. Yum! I'm getting the eating dialed in, but so far haven't hit the gym. Baby steps.

I was working at a medical clinic tonight and had them take my BP. 154/90. Not horrible, but not good by any means. I hadn't taken my Lisinopril yet, so that may account for part of it. I'm hoping to lower my BP with some good weight loss.

That's about it for now. BTW, if OSU loses, don't try and console me tomorrow. It won't work.

L8r.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My BP runs 124/74. Drugs work wonderfully when you take them.

Unknown said...

I hope Kris feels better today.

Kristen Sammons said...

Thank you oh so much for putting my "violent vomiting" out there for the world to see. :)

Adam M. Smith said...

Just so you don't feel lonely Kris, my "violent vomiting" occurred about a week ago (what a way to start the New Year!--and it had nothing to do with drink, just a nasty stomach virus).

Did OSU win? I must have missed the ending. ;) I think you'd best start looking forward to baseball season.

Lightning, by the way, struck our house the other evening during those storms. I was sitting out on the front porch at the time, and the thunder damn near knocked me out of my chair. I saw yellow spots in front of my eyes for a few minutes. Killed our phone/internet modem and kicked four of the breakers in the house. Just got internet and phone back today (1/10).

Dwight (Jim) said...

Wow Adam, that's crazy. Good thing nothing big was ruined, like the laptop or TV. Were the kids scared?

You guys are going to have to come down here soon, we've got lots of fun new toys!